In the mid-1960s, Fiat constructed Building 81 at its Mirafiori, Italy, assembly center to produce transmission parts. No longer needed for that purpose, the former mechanical workshop re-opened this month as the FCA Heritage Hub, showcasing more than 250 historic vehicles produced by Fiat, Lancia and Abarth.
Showcased are eight groups of eight cars under the themes of:
• Small and safe: Models that combined maximum safety with minimum dimensions.
• Style marks: shows a series of “milestones” that left their visual mark on the history of motorcar design.
• Epic journeys: Cars that made famous and unforgettable road journeys.
• The rally era: Vehicles which have written glorious pages in the annals of the world of rallies.
• Eco and sustainable: Innovation in sensitivity to environmental issues.
• Archistars: Technical masterpieces that introduced significant innovations in motorcar architecture in functionality or manufacture.
• Concepts and fuoriserie: Special series or ultra-rare models, including one-offs and dream