Our friends over at CarsDirect.com have sneaked a peek at the order form for the upcoming 2018 Ford Expedition and have reported that the new family hauler will be surprisingly nearer and dearer for interested buyers later this year.
The 2018 Ford Expedition will start at $52,890, including destination, for a XLT model with rear-wheel drive, a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V-6, and 10-speed automatic, which is an increase of $4,570 over the current model. The long-wheelbase Expedition MAX will start at $55,580, including destination.
A fully decked long-wheelbase 2018 Ford Expedition MAX Platinum with four-wheel drive will run $79,740, according to CarsDirect. That’s an increase of more than $8,500 over the current range-topping 2017 Ford Expedition Platinum EL model on dealer lots.
Adding four-wheel drive tacks on roughly $3,000 to any trim.
MUST SEE: Read our 2018 Ford Expedition preview
It’s unclear what buyers can expect for the substantial price hike this year. A 10-speed
... read more at: http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1111154_2018-ford-expedition-will-start-at-52890-up-4570-from-last-year
We’ll admit that part of us is intrigued by a Cadillac that floats down the road while pillowing through potholes and wallowing over frost heaves, but mercifully, the XTS is no Fleetwood Brougham.
For this you can thank Bill Peterson, the lead development engineer on the 2013 Cadillac XTS. His team tuned the sedan’s magnetorheological dampers to yield a controlled ride with enough compliance to satisfy all but the most highly sensitive backsides. Ride quality in “Tour” — the softer of the dampers’ two base settings — is compliant but controlled. Big impacts are adequately isolated, while body roll is well managed, which means some busyness still penetrates the cabin on a truly rough road.
You won’t find a large menu of chassis adjustments on this Cadillac, either. And their absence reaffirms our belief that the right hardware coupled with confident tuning produces a luxury sedan that doesn’t need
... read more at: https://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/xts/2013/
BEDFORD, Mass. — A moving truck at Hanscom Air Force Base that officials said contained potentially explosive materials has now been cleared, according to base officials.
The truck had been stopped at Hanscom’s Vandenberg Gate, off Route 2A. The gate remains closed but the base is returning to normal operations, a Air Force press release stated.
Those who had been evacuated from the base are now returning, the statement said.
Explosive materials experts are on the scene and have cleared the vehicle. However pallets from the truck, which contain “potentially concerning residue,” have been removed and will be taken to a specialized facility for testing, the Air Force said.
There were no injuries.
The incident began after 9 a.m. Thursday morning as a truck is owned by Big Foot Moving Storage attempted to enter the base through the Vandenberg Gate. During a routine inspection of the truck, “potentially explosive material” was detected.
The base was partially
... read more at: http://www.eagletribune.com/news/update-truck-at-hanscom-air-force-base-cleared/article_2ba090f8-626e-11e7-8a47-e7038488f3f4.html
The Cadillac DeVille line began formally in 1949, and was finally retired after 2005 when it was replaced with the more modern DTS sedan series. But the “Coupe de Ville” model actually alluded to a short French carriage with inside seats for two. And the Cadillac Coupe de Ville became an element of American culture, with Chuck Berry’s Maybelline notably outrunning the singer in one until he caught up in his V-8 Ford. Until 1993, Cadillac De Ville models included both two-door coupes and four-door sedans. With the retirement of the Fleetwood model after 1996, the DeVille became Cadillac’s largest car line.
The final generation of DeVille four-door sedans, from 2000 through 2005, used the same underpinnings as the Seville, but with a longer wheelbase. It was the first Cadillac to move even slightly away from the upright, square-cut look that had dominated since the 1980s, and while it continued to
... read more at: http://www.thecarconnection.com/cars/cadillac_deville
The New Name for Fast
This is the first of Cadillac’s new Vsport models, which aim to bridge the gap between the brand’s standard offerings and its ultra-high-performance V-Series lineup. In this case, Vsport means an upgraded V6, standard all-wheel drive and a retuned suspension.
And this isn’t just any V6; it’s a 3.6-liter powerhouse that develops 410 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque. General Motors engineers borrowed heavily from the tricks they learned from cars like the supercharged 6.2-liter V8 in the Camaro ZL1 and Cadillac CTS-V.
This engine is 90 percent new compared to the conventional 3.6-liter V6, and is structurally jacked up everywhere to handle the big boost. The net result is that there’s brutal shove on top from nearly any speed. The torque drop-off at the 5,600-rpm redline is fairly pronounced, but that’s of little consequence. By that time, the
... read more at: https://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/xts/2014/
After a day driving around Georgia and lapping the brand-new Atlanta Motorsports Park, we can say, yup, the ATS is legit. Just to be sure, we hooked up our test equipment to a pre-production model while we were there.
No More Cimarron Jokes
Make no mistake, the 2013 Cadillac ATS is a completely brand-new, from-scratch rear-wheel-drive design (all-wheel drive is optional). True, the three available direct-injected engines have been seen before in various iterations, and the fantastic CUE infotainment system debuted in the XTS. But as a whole, this is a brand-new Caddy.
And it’s light. There’s lots of high-strength and ultrahigh-strength steel, and the chassis is scalloped out and utilizes lightening holes to shed pounds where possible. There’s also an aluminum hood, magnesium engine mount brackets and aluminum front suspension arms. End result? The base model tips the scales at 3,315 pounds, while the 3.6 V6 test car comes in
... read more at: https://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/ats/2013/
Jay Leno’s car now qualifies for the popular bumper sticker, “This Car Climbed Mt. Washington.”
But this was no ordinary car.
A television crew filmed Leno’s Stanley steam-powered car driving the auto road to the summit of New Hampshire’s Mount Washington this week. Leno, who is from Andover, told the Portland Press Herald that the idea was to recreate the first time a Stanley drove up the mountain in 1899.
From there, the 67-year-old former host of NBC’s “The Tonight Show” traveled to Maine, where he visited Portland’s waterfront and a Waterboro company that made vehicles for the Oscar-nominated film, “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
Leno loves cars and owns more than 150 of them.
His show, “Jay Leno’s Garage,” follows the comedian as he travels around the country to find unique cars.
... read more at: http://www.eagletribune.com/news/jay-leno-s-steam-powered-car-makes-it-up-mountain/article_7133a652-6311-11e7-bb6f-af74edc6173c.html
DERRY — Three injured people were trapped inside a pickup truck after it struck a tree near 144 Island Pond Road on Wednesday night, according to fire officials.
Fire Battalion Chief Scott Haggart said first responders arrived at the scene about 8 p.m.
Officials have yet to comment on the cause of the crash.
Numerous power tools were needed to extricate the victims, who are all males, Haggart said. Their ages and identifications were not immediately available from investigators.
Two of the victims were reportedly transported to Parkland Medical Center in Derry, with non-life threatening injuries to their extremities.
The third victim was transported by medical helicopter to Boston Medical Center with serious injuries, officials said.
This story will be updated at eagletribune.com as more information becomes available. A complete report will appear in Friday’s Eagle-Tribune.
... read more at: http://www.eagletribune.com/news/pickup-truck-hits-tree-in-derry-three-people-rushed-to/article_f2fbffc2-6244-11e7-9934-87597b74502b.html
Wendy Donohue, who sponsored two articles that would have allowed developer Sal Lupoli to build residential units in a commercial development on Dascomb Road, withdrew them last night at town meeting.
It was apparent at the Collins Center, where the meeting was held and nearly every seat was packed, that too many Andover residents had too many questions about the project’s impact on schools, traffic and their quality of life for the article to survive a vote.
But Lupoli hasn’t given up. He told the audience that the $6 million MassWorks grant that was awarded to the town, which he hopes will help him address infrastructure problems on Dascomb Road, will still be available in the fall.
“We only have one town meeting in the course of the year,” he said. “That’s why your selectmen were trying to get this grant in, and that’s why this came about so fast. So what I would
... read more at: http://www.eagletribune.com/news/local_news/dascomb-road-project-withdrawn-at-town-meeting/article_30337a91-4f5e-5a10-91dd-1ed1015f946d.html